The evening of Thursday June 16, 2011, Woolley’s Steakhouse will host Around the World with Chateau Ste. Michelle, a culinary tour of four prominent wine regions aimed at enabling guests to interact with noteworthy wines and the food they inspire.
“This event has been a long time in the planning stages,” says Ben Berry, Restaurant Director at Woolley’s Steakhouse. “It’s been something I’ve wanted to do for a while, and when the opportunity to partner with Chateau Ste. Michelle came along, I knew it was time to make this happen.”
Starting at 6:30pm, Woolley’s will begin the event with a reception and international cheese platter. The event will feature nine different wines from Washington, Italy, California and New Zealand. Executive Chef Peter Christenson has planned four paired buffets during the event, one for each wine region. The cost is $45 per person before tax and gratuity.
Located inside the Embassy Suites – Minneapolis Airport, the independent Steakhouse has spent years building its wine menu and has received the Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence and the Wine Enthusiast’s Award of Distinction. This is the restaurant’s first interactive wine and food experience.
Reservations are required and space is limited. To make reservations or for more information, please contact Woolley’s at 952.854.1010.
The wine and food…
France (Social hour)
- Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne – imported cheese tray, Mediterranean cucumber cups, grilled vegetable cups with red pepper humus and artichoke pesto, poached shrimp shooter with avocado and mango salsa.
- Villa Maria Cellar Selection Sauvignon Blanc – Seared scallops with smoked tomato coulis served with micro greens and basil oil
- Villa Maria “Taylor’s Pass” Pinot Noir – Lamb canapés with pickled red onion, arugula and blackberry
Italy (Bolgheri, Tuscany)
- Guado al Tasso Vermentino – Grilled calamari and fresh herb salad with prosciutto crisp
- Guado al Tasso Il Bruciato – Braised short rib with Boursin stuffed cherry tomatoes
- Antica Chardonnay – Tuna Tartar wonton cups with wasabi, ginger and green onion
- Antica Cabernet – Seared pork belly with wild mushrooms
- Eroica Riesling – Almond Cake whipped honey, Pots de crème
- Northstar Merlot – Seared pork tenderloin with pickled shallots and blackberry relish