Happy Halloween! If you didn’t get your celebrating in this past weekend, here are a few Halloween-inspired cocktails you might want to whip up tonight ;)
The Black Eye– Forty Four at Royalton has crafted a rather spooky drink: The Black Eye. This dessert cocktail is a seriously delicious blend of honey whiskey, walnut liqueur, orgeat syrup and espresso.
Bailey’s Caramel Apple
- 2 oz. Baileys Caramel Irish Cream (25 oz. per bottle)
- 0.5 oz. Smirnoff Green Apple Flavored Vodka (25 oz. per bottle)
- 1 dash(es) Goldschlager (25 oz. per bottle)
- 1.5 oz. Don Julio Reposado Tequila (25 oz. per bottle)
- 6 dash(es) tobasco
- 6 dash(es) worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch(es) celery salt
- 1 pinch(es) pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) horseradish
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 7 oz. tomato juice
Bleeding Heart Martini
- 2 ounces dry vermouth
- 8 ounces premium gin
- Ice cubes
- 4 Pickled Baby Beets, each placed on a cocktail skewer
- Chill 4 martini glasses in the freezer or fill with ice water and let sit until frosty, about 5 minutes (pour out water). Add the vermouth, dividing evenly; swirl to coat the glasses, then pour out. Add gin to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until chilled; divide among chilled glasses. Garnish each with a skewered pickled baby beet, and serve immediately.
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (from about 10 limes)
- 8 cups club soda
- 1 cup gin (optional)
- Freeze grapes until firm, 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir together sugar and lime juice; bring to a boil. Simmer until sugar has dissolved and liquid is syrupy, about 2 minutes. Let cool completely, 30 minutes.
- In a punch bowl or pitcher, stir together lime syrup, club soda, frozen grapes, and (if using) gin. Serve immediately.
Ghost in the Graveyard
- 2 ounces black vodka
- 2 ounces creme de cacao or coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Pinch of finely grated nutmeg, for garnish
- In a glass, combine vodka and creme de cacao, and set aside. Place a scoop of ice cream in a highball glass, and slowly pour vodka mixture over ice cream. Garnish with nutmeg; serve immediately.
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- 1 1/2 ounces black vodka
- 1 black licorice twist, for serving
- Place ice in a tall glass. Pour juice into glass. Pour vodka over the back of a cocktail spoon into glass so it sits on top of juice and creates a layer of black. Slice 1/4 inch off each end of licorice, and use as a straw. Serve immediately.
Berry Scary Martini
- 1 cup ice
- 1 ounce black vodka
- 2 ounces cherry juice
- Fresh raspberries and blueberries, for garnish
- Combine ice, vodka, and cherry juice in a cocktail shaker; shake vigorously. Pour into a martini glass. Thread raspberries and blueberries onto a cocktail skewer, and place in drink. Serve immediately.