A few things you might be interested in:
- Salut is preparing classic recipes by Julia Child every Monday. A few of the featured dishes include Tranches de Jambon Morvandelle – Sauteed ham salices in a cream and Madiera sauce (page 397), Tournedos Henri the 4th – Filet steak with artichokes and Béarnaise sauce (page 298), Bouillabaisse de Poulet– Chicken poached in white wine with Provencal vegetables, herbs and flavorings (Vol. II – page 261)
- The Capital GrilleArtist Series Wine Event is returning for its third year, beginning March 19. The Capital Grille Artist Series Cabernet was created by hand-crafted at Napa Valley’s Freemark Abbey Winery by Ted Edwards, in collaboration with George Miliotes, one of only 186 Master Sommeliers in the world. Fewer than 1,000 cases of this unique wine, blended solely for The Capital Grille, will be produced. The Capital Grille will donate $25 to Share Our Strength® for every limited-edition bottle sold.
- Big River Pizza will be out at the Edina Farmers Market and Fulton Farmers Market with their mobile wood-fire oven this summer
- The BiteHunter App is an app for foodies who want to find special local deals on their smart phones. There are several LivingSocial Instant deals that you can buy directly from your phone.
- For those looking to experience the ancient art of cracking of an entire wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese in person, head to any Whole Foods Market store on Saturday, March 10 at 2 p.m. CST
- Whole Food Markets is coming to Edina on April 18, 2012. It will be a 35,000 square-foot store, located at Centennial Lakes on France Ave
- Houlihan’s is looking for Original Artwork and Photography inspired by Graffiti, Tattoos and Cartoons. Interested artists should send non-returnable work samples (jpg, pdf, etc) by 3/31/12 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CRAVE has partnered with the Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valley to celebrate their 100-year anniversary. In addition to developing special Girl Scout themed dishes for the CRAVE CARES menu, CRAVE will also be demonstrating healthy cooking at the Great Girl Gathering at Mall of America March 10 and 11. The Girl Scouts will also be selling their famous cookies at all four CRAVE locations on Saturday, March 3